Google Home and Virtual Concierge

James1164
Level 2
Boise, ID

Google Home and Virtual Concierge

Are any of you using Google Home or Alexa as a feature for your home? Specifically the Virtual Concierge through Google Assistant?

4 Replies 4
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @James1164,

Good question. Smart home technology seems to be very popular at the moment. 

Do you presently have this in your home? 

Does anyone else use this technology in your home, who could share your experience?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I am not using this yet. I have a ggogle home mini that I just received however I am looking to incorporate it as another feature for my guests to help make their stay more comfortable.

Terry178
Level 2
Vevey, Switzerland

I have built a custom skill for my Alexa devices that answers the basic questions I typically get for the house.  It was built using a standard template for skill developers.  All you really need is an account, your questions, and responses.  Below is part of my check-in message to guests to give a sense of what the Alexa skill does.  Guests really like it and I get far fewer calls for simple stuff.

-- The basic written house manual can be found on the Airbnb listing.  However, my house manual is now an Alexa skill that will be available on any Alexa unit at the house during your stay.  It’s designed to replace the written house manual and answer basic questions I tend to get as a host.  It may not be 100% complete but covers a lot of the basics.  Important:  To initiate the dialogue each time say “Alexa, start Fairway House Guide”.  From there you can ask questions that are normally addressed in my house manual like how to use one of the kitchen appliances,  how to set the house temperature, how to set the alarm, or how to checkout.  You can ask where things are like utensils, aluminum foil, garbage bags, and pans.  It has emergency contact information as well.  

This is what it will help you find:  baking pans, cooking pans, eating utensils, cooking utensils, trash bags, paper towel, wine glasses, wine opener, aluminum foil, trash cans, recycle cans, firewood, spices, mixing bowls, measuring cups, waffle maker, rice cooker, mixer, and cutting boards.

This is what it will help you figure how to use:  oven, cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, Kuric machine, Nespresso machine, air mattress, home theater, log onto wifi, set the alarm, set the house temperature, and check-out.---

I hope you find this helpful or interesting.  Let me know.

That's smart thinking, thanks for sharing. Have you had any problems with guests 'misusing' your Alexa? I am not sure how they could misuse it but I was wondering if you had any experiences like that?