Guest Evaluation

Elizabeth1126
Level 1
Scottsdale, AZ

Guest Evaluation

When we review our guests we are asked four questions....when they review us, they are asked many more in depth questions.

AirBnB never asks if we reached out or checked in with our guests. Recently I have had two guests tell me everything was great but then leave bad reviews. One said they didn’t like the type of mattress I had (which was less than two months old) and one said the stairs “made noise” so they gave me three stars for “cleanliness”.

I reached out to AirBnB with the conversations between my guests and my concerns about their reviews and a representative said my concerns would be “noted”. So frustrating.

6 Replies 6
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Elizabeth1126  are you talking about the one bad review you have out of like.. 71 others?  I see only one that says "the cleanliness was not up to par".  But every single other review you have says your place is sparkling clean.  Like... all of them.  For 6 pages  "sparkling clean".

I guess my point is, brush it off m'lady.  It's no reflection on you, it's a reflection on them when you have such consistently good reviews.  Plus that guest appears to have never given any other reviews, or received them... hardly a review to take seriously.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

ah @Elizabeth1126 it happens all the time... yes, everything is perfect, we are fine, thank you..... and then they complain in the review about things we could fix in no time if they have told us....

And matrasses ah.... there is no such thing as the perfect mattress for everyone.... my daughter and I went mattress shopping last month and tried few of them, she likes hard mattress, I like softer one and we couldn't decide which one to buy.  And we are both similar weight.  I assume if we asked 10 people in a shop to try matrasses every one of them would choose a different one.

Middle-aged and older guests are particularly picky about matrasses. It is understandable, their back hurts and they have their perfect expensive mattress at home and somehow they expect to have the same type in every hotel and Airbnb.  It is impossible.

One girl said our mattress is bad and she felt the springs. We were puzzled.... we went there and realized that the waterproof mattress cover wrinkled in the middle and she felt the wrinkles  .All she had to do is to straighten it up.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Elizabeth1126

airbnb also never asks us, if our gests "exceeded our expectations".

😄 😄  lool @Ute42  I love you

@Ute42

Immagine if we start to review our guests like :

xx was a great guest, he exceeded my expectations ... 5*

yy was a good guest, as expected .... 3*

😄 😄

@Ute42

....or if they kept their toilet paper usage to acceptable levels. 🙂