Guests not showing up for booking

Yvonne20
Level 1
Singapore

Guests not showing up for booking

Hi. I've a guest who's supposed to check in today. I have been sending text messages through Airbnb since yesterday morning to check on his arrival time and I didnt get any reply from him. What should I do? 

5 Replies 5
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Nothing. You have contacted guest, if they don't show you will still be paid. Could still show, could be flight issues or whatever.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

No Show it happened to us once we still got paid and we sent a taxi to the airport for them which we claimed $25 from airbnb and we got paid that also, and never heard anything from the guest

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Yvonne20 how about calling? He/she might have a problem with the app or no internet due to travel. I never understand why hosts do not try it when messaging fails

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Yvonne20 They could also have had all their holiday plans interrupted by an illness or injury. If so, that’s what their travel insurance is for. I’ve heard of people falling for scams where guests get their money back on their own travel insurance, then try to double their money by getting the host to refund them directly (twice the payout). Keep this in mind if it comes up later...

Yvonne20
Level 1
Singapore

I'm hesitant to call the guest coz it will incur telco charges. I've sent a text message directly to his mobile number and also no reply. Will hv to wait and see if he will actually show up.