Guest booking for someone else.

Guest booking for someone else.

I have someone who made a reservation for two others. The problem I have is that he didn't give us names or anything, and when I look at his profile, he doesn't have a picture or any reviews. We are not comfortable about this listing so what can we do as hosts to fix this? 

3 Replies 3
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

There are several options, depending on how much effort you wish to make. First off, you can try to engage the person who has done the booking, and ask them to supply more information, or even better, ask them to have the people who will be staying create their own account. This will take some time, and may or may not be succesful.

If this was an IB booking, you can simply call AirBNB and say you are not comfortable with this booking and want them to cancel for you.

If this wasn't an IB booking, then you can find the clause in the TOS which forbids third-party bookings and then call AirBNB and make the point that this booking is against their own TOS and you want the to cancel for you.

Good luck!

Andre43
Level 2
Philippines

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem today. I've read the thread and I know I should report this to Airbnb. One question though. If Airbnb cancels the booking will they get the refund? I'm not inclined to give them anything because they misled us and we lost the opportunity of other guest booking our home on the same dates.

Thank you,

Andre

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

Thanks for the thread.

I have recently had a spate of bookings where a business has booked a worker for a few days (I currently have 2 Solar Panel installers staying for 4 nights)  but the guests are not the person who booked. 

in all cases I didn't know that until they arrived. 

I have decided to "not recommend" the guest when I review him, which should mean that he will not be able to instant book any of his workers with AirBNB in the future. Back to motels.

I will give them a good review (all the workers have been decent) but I really want to be hosting the person who books so I shall not recommend this customer.

Perhaps my rates are too low. LOL.

Cheers

Charles