Guest cancels trip after it's completed!

Scott424
Level 4
Deception Bay, Australia

Guest cancels trip after it's completed!

Hello all,

I had a problem guest recently, I'm pleased to say this is only my second real problem in my year of AirBnB experience.

After completion of their stay, I tried to communicate with the guest, but it wasn't effective in relating my concerns.

I decided to put no more energy into the matter and moved on.

The guest however took action against me and was somehow able to CANCEL a COMPLETED reservation.

Why?

How?

I now need to contact support and spend more time and effort to make sure I get paid for this booking.

I've already expended more energy cleaning up after this guest than most others..

Why does the system allow completed reservation to be cancelled by guests?

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Scott424

Well Scott, it shouldn't and you need to get onto Airbnb on the Sydney number 02 85203333 as a matter of urgency and have them sort it out.

So much tinkering is going on with the platform at the moment that lots of strange things are happening.

I yesterday had a guest who wished to book for 8 nights and the day of departure was the same day as the next guest arrival....no big deal, I have them all the time, a good 45% of my bookings are same day turnaround. The system would not let me accept the reservation for the last night ....it would only let me accept 7 nights instead of the 8 the guest wanted. I have learned things can get overly complicated so I just accepted the 7 night booking then once that was in place blocked the next night and the guest and I will sort out the extra night when they are here.

A guest has the right to request a full or partial refund which you can either approve or decline, but a guest does not have the right to cancel a completed stay.

Seriously things on this platform are getting hairier and hairier!

Cheers......Rob

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Scott424@Robin4

you are not the only one, I've seen similar post a few weeks ago

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh dear @Scott424

Just when you think you have heard it all, something new comes up on Airbnb that makes you question why you continue to host with them.

Do let us know how it goes.

Best of luck.