Guest confusion by changing Airbnb quote

Guest confusion by changing Airbnb quote

Hi

I have a guest who wants to book however he has received a higher quote from his original quote. I would like to ask Airbnb directly however I can not find the contact section on the site. Any suggestions appreciated. Plase see below from guest:

Hi 

We are ready to make the booking - we just noticed that the original price we inquired about (1369 Euro / including cleaning and service fee) went up to 1480 Euro adding another 111 Euros for another service fee? Do you know why that's happening? Doesn't seem to be a deposit because both are called service fee.

Looking forward to booking it just seeing if there's a mistake with the website.

Cheers,

2 Replies 2
Audrey75
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I've had a similar issue. The service fees amount is different in my dashboard when I approve someone's stay than when I do another quote for the guest, that is very confusing and I am not sure anymore what service fees in both cases relate to. If anyone has the answer please let me know too!

PS: Sorry I couldn't help!

Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Three things to keep in mind is that the service fee that hosts pay is much lower than the one's guests pay so if you were quoting the price price from the host dashboard it will be different than what the guest pays.

Also Even if both the host and the guest trade in EUR AirBnB will convert the funds to USD to ajudicate the transaction and exchange rates fluctuate.

Finally, if you have smart pricing on, prices will vary.

Of course if you wanted to honor the original price you could send a special offer, but if you do that all of the deficit will come out of the host's pocket. Personally, I'd tell the prospective guest that there is nothing the host will do about the flucuation and if the guest wants a better answer they can call AirBnB directly because hosts are not involved in calculating rates or service charges and you have not changed your rates (if you haven't).