Guest damages

Patricia91
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Guest damages

2 recent male guests from India burned my nice 2 year old kitchen worktop. the day it happened I was there at 9 am and they were the only people in the home.

at 12.30 lunch time I came back-they were just going out to the shops-still the only people in the home-and I saw a pile of recently washed dishes by the sink, and a curry mark on the clean white drying cloth , and this big burn mark on the worktop next to the sink.

I showed it to them and 1 of them disappeared into their room while the other denied it.

I photographed it and got a quote to replace it. It will cost over £300-the sink will have to be unplumbed the new worktop cut accurately with holes for the sink and fitted then sink replumbed in -about 1 and half days work  the 2 guests again tried to deny they did it to AIR BNB -so now it has escalated.

does any host know how long this process takes AIR BNB to resolve?

In their web pages-they claim to resolve ,most damage resolutions in a week.

Does anyone know how long this really takes? and has anyone requested a similar amount from them-and what chamces do I have to get this money so I can replace this damaged worktop?

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The problems we see here, and I have no way of knowing how representative they are, is getting a satisfactory resolution. Not sure I would take too much notice of the week, not sure if I have seen one resolved in a week, never mind that being the norm.

David