Guest pissing through ceiling

Guest pissing through ceiling

Hi Everyone , we just had a very bad experience with Airbnb guests, they got home drunk and one of them pissed in the corner of the room, which caused a leak through our ceiling, into the hallway, down the stairs. We woke them up, they claim they didn't know where it came from, but the evidence is there. We took pictures and filmed everything, but how do we handle things from here? How much should we charge? Thanks for any feedback you can give us, Lynn

10 Replies 10
Tracy405
Level 4
New Braunfels, TX

Absolutely charge for cleaning and painting. You will need to seal the the walls with a Kilz type product to prevent the urine from “coming” thru the fresh paint. Get a couple of bids to get an average cost. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Take photos. Get a bid for professional repair. Submit both via Airbnb resolution center within 48 hours of checkout and before next checkin. Keep all communication on Airbnb. After 72 hours if they have not paid select “involve Airbnb.”

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Nathan-and-Lien0  No advice, just an incredulous yuck!

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Nathan-and-Lien0 sorry to hear that such a pain when guests get overly drank and piss.

I always wonder how does that happen I had in the past guests u get completely drunk and simply pees on the bed. I just cannot get my brain around that phenomena.

We had someone **bleep** in the shower once, and left with an incredibly friendly 'thank you, it was great', so I thought we experienced everything, but this beats all of that 🤣

I would find them and make them clean that, seriously 

@Marie82  Neither can I. It's like these people never grew up. When my kids were teenagers I would tell them that if they weren't mature enough to get to the bathroom if they had to vomit or pee, they weren't mature enough to drink.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nathan-and-Lien0 please review the guest appropriately!

Yuck.

Update: in the meantime, we won the claim, but our account was put on 'limited access' right after we involved Airbnb. (Read: we became invisible for bookings and guests). This has caused many worried messages from guests with ongoing reservations, and has been affecting our business ever since. 
Yesterday, the account manager who is handeling the case, has cancelled all of our 2020 reservations, and we have no idea why, especially because we won the claim????

'He cannot be reached by phone', but is able to make phonecalls to our guests to cancel their bookings on our behalf, and we don't even know why. 

If I try to call the number with my cellphone, linked to our account, it's disconnected/blocked. If I try to call to the number with my phone from work, it gets through but they tell me to mail the account manager assigned to the case. 

Result: we won the claim, but were put on 'inactive' right after and all bookings got cancelled in 2020. 
Still no news or explanations. Still inactive and unable to receive incoming bookings. 
Way to treat your superhosts, Airbnb! 

Does anybody have any tips on how to handle this? 

Greatly appreciated. 
Lynn

@Nathan-and-Lien0  I am shocked at the shoddy treatment you have received from Airbnb - they are truly taking the *sensitive information hidden*