Guest redeeming a coupon.

Helen71
Level 2
Exmouth, Australia

Guest redeeming a coupon.

A guest has asked if she can use her coupon provided by Airbnb against her upcoming booking. As I have never been asked this, any advice.  As the coupon cost is not a discount that I have offered, does Airbnb pay the coupon discount? So my payout should be the full amount? Anyone know hwo it works??

5 Replies 5
Andrée2
Level 10
Portland, OR

It may not really be a coupon but a credit. I believe that they will "redeem" their credit toward their visit when they book but you will see no change reflected in your payout.

Thanks, but I have not made myself clear. We are travelling and the host has cancelled on us. We then tried to make an alternative booking but the value of the coupon we redeemed againt the cancelled booking has not been transferred onto our new booking as part of the credit back to us. Bill

Ellie9
Level 1
Singapore

The coupon will be payed by Airbnb, most of these wave the Airbnb fee, you will get your full payment. 

Michael170
Level 2
Winchester, VA

FIRST, I AM SUPER HOST ON AIRBNB.  SECONDLY, AIRBNB "GAVE" ME A COUPON OR CREDIT TOWARDS A STAY.  I'VE ALREADY MADE THE RESERVATION.  HOW CAN I APPLY THAT CREDIT TOWARD THAT UPCOMING STAY?  THANKS GUYS,  MIKE

Michael170
Level 2
Winchester, VA

TWO YEARS AND NO RESPONCE.  INTERESTING.