Hackers are Back

Evelyn0
Level 10
Arkport, NY

Hackers are Back

Hackers are back and with an interesting twist. I just got an email for a potential "guest." He mentions my space listed for cheaper at another site. The site is asking for passwords and log in information. No, I didn't go through the rabbit hole.

If you get something like this just flag it and let Airbnb know. Keep your information secure, don't click on links and don't log-in to any other site.

3 Replies 3
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Thanks, as always, for the heads-up. The creeps are everywhere! Stay alert!

Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Evelyn0

Thanks for the heads up! I would never open a email without confirming the message on Airbnb... The first thing I would think is how they posted the url on the message thread without making the reservation...

The second and more way concerning factor...
This was a targeted attack... whoever did it already know your email and know you are hosting on Airbnb.... Maybe from your website, guest, or somebody you know...
In your case (you are a very public and active person on Airbnb) I would use a dedicated email account only for Airbnb as they don't have 2-factor authentication...

Luis

Ramiro3
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Ayer recibí un mensaje de SOLICITUD DE RESERVA RECHAZADA, pero yo no he solicitado nada de eso. Es decir, parece ser que alguien ha usado mi cuenta para intentar reservar un apartamento en Génova.

¿A alguien le ha pasado esto? qué puedo hacer? airbnb no me coge el telefono porque no es sobre euna reserva mia en curso.

Yesterday I received a message reservation request rejected, but I have not asked anything like that. I.e., it seems that someone has used my account to try to book an apartment in Genoa. would someone passed you this? What can I do? airbnb does not catch me the phone because it's not about euna mia reserve ongoing. I