Hello!

Marion463
Level 3
Arlington, MA

Hello!

I've been an AirBnB host for a few years.  I'm in no shape to travel myself, but I enjoy welcoming guests from all over the world - and I've been named SuperHost!

When a friend suggested that I become an AirBnB host, I objected: I have no room to rent...  all I have is a captain's bed in my living room. Turns out, that bed has been a useful nest for many who want easy access to the Boston T (a short walk from my door), and an inexpensive place to stay. 

I enjoy serving as de facto ambassador for my struggling nation, assuring visitors from Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and South & Central America that people from the USA can be welcoming and fair.

17 Replies 17
Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

@Marion463 that's SO the spirit!

I am Nana, my apartment is in Tbilisi. For rent best apartment in Old Tbilisi. Since the Russians are almost not reliable people and my reservation was canceled in July and August and I was left without a reservation. I have the best  apartment with all the amenities. Please help me spread my ad in European and American sites. Regards Nana.05.07 .2019

I saw that. Russian journalists were beaten. The Russian representative was forced to leave, and it was not safe to go to Georgia. Georgians shouted Russians get out of Georgia and they left.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

To become a superhost with only a bed in a living room is no easy feat, @Marion463

In a world (as they say) of privacy and plus, you have to work very hard. Congratulations!

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Marion463my hats off to you, Marion for opening your home in such a creative way and being an ambassador for the true spirit of our nation!

PS: your place looks warm, inviting and cozy...love the piano and the kitty!

I am Nana, my apartment is in Tbilisi. For rent best apartment in Old Tbilisi. Since the Russians are almost not reliable people and my reservation was canceled in July and August and I was left without a reservation. I have the best apartment with all the amenities. Please help me spread my ad in European and American sites. Regards Nana.

Such a lovely home. Love all the plants, bit of an addict myself! Your kitty sounds like a great co host, my pup takes his duties just as seriously. 

Boris129
Level 2
Radovljica, Slovenia

Oba sva zelo vesela, da sva ponovno dobila nagrado Superhost. Hvala Airbnb, ker nama pošilja goste tudi izven sezone. Se pa že veseliva in pripravljava na novo sezono. Lep pozdrav in srečno vsem gostiteljem in Airbnb.

Boris & Irena

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Way to go @Marion463!

Marion463
Level 3
Arlington, MA

I've lost my SuperHost status!  A recent guest arrived about 10 hours before he was invited, sat in my room all day talking on his phone, and then announced that he's allergic to cats (I saw no sign of allergy) and has to leave - and he left.  Next I heard, I was accused of cancelling his booking, and therefore was no longer a Superhost.  Not fair!  I wasn't the one who cancelled - he was, with no good excuse.

I feel your pain Marion. We have also lost our status this week . Most guests are lovely but we had one really challenging couple, who were so difficult. We couldn't please them. They left an awful review and dragged our good reputation and score down.  It's so upsetting ...but we will just push on.

@Marion463    Call Airbnb and get them to reverse it, they have been known to rectify a wrong, if you push hard enough.  Superhost taken away for a cancellation is for one year.

Marion463
Level 3
Arlington, MA

Ange - I contacted them over a week ago, & thought it was all taken care of -- but then I got an email saying "It looks like you didn’t qualify for Superhost status this time around. We know this can be disappointing, but you’ve still got a great track record as a host and plenty of guests who’ve loved staying with you.
You’ll have another shot at Superhost during the July 2019 assessment. Keep an eye on your Progress to track how you’re doing and understand what you can improve."

- so not a full year off, but...

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Marion463 I don't understand this. They gave you superhost status on Wednesday and revoked it today? That's not how it usually works; the next evaluation would be next quarter. And then you say you contacted them a week ago, so the cancellation occurred before Wednesday? I'm confused...