Help me/ experiencing how bad can the resolution center be

Help me/ experiencing how bad can the resolution center be

I will be talking about the devastating and very much time consuming that I have been through since August 1st Until Today almost 40 tiring days process with no result but that feeling of being very much IGNORED with many saved responses by the Case Manager from the resolution center.

I had a guest who robbed my apartment from Expensive Camera Lens canon 50mm f/1.2 and Ironing machine!

I overlooked the ironing machine and the fact that she had permanent stains on the bed cover which I bought new ones right on the place and I considered them as collateral possible damage after the one month reservation.However, the 50mm lens is 1472USD thus I have reported this incident to airbnb support center on the phone and by messaging from 1st of August until the 10th of August, I talked with tens of agents and case managers and I sent them all the photos and documentations that they needed and they told me we will contact you soon.Anyway, this was wrong advice from all of them and this was my first experience with such incident any way on the 11th of August I called again and A case manager told me that I had to request refund from my guest who robbed my property, I have done so she denied and I got resolution center involved. Automatically they will send you an email that it should take 7 days to have your case resolved anyway it took until today which is 25 days which needed all the patience that you can get. I sent all the documentations that they requested with every tiny detail and I waited and waited then they requested police report which was very strange to ask after 25 days ( I had 4 guests in my apartment since then) WHY DIDN'T THEY REQUESTED IT WHEN I CALLED AND MESSAGED AND FIRST REPORTED THIS INCIDENT SINCE AUGUST 1ST. Anyway I managed to go the police station and told them every tiny detail then they Gave me the police report. YESSSS, I thought by the end of that day I thought airbnb would honor their Host Guarantee promises however it wasn't.(I then sent all the photos and conversations and documentations that I have ever sent to them)
since then he the case manager took 5 days to respond to my emails and he emailed me very very strangely as if he knew nothing about my case He said and I'm quoting from his mail
"

Thanks for your response.

In order for an incident to be eligible for Airbnb assistance, the reported damages must have been caused by a guest or an invitee of the guest. You are free to pursue reimbursement from your guest directly. However, per this requirement, this case is not eligible for reimbursement.

You may review the Host Guarantee terms here: https://www.airbnb.com/terms/host_guarantee.

If you have other questions about the Host Guarantee and what is covered feel free to respond."

As if I didn't involve them after I requested the refund from the guest Directly.
I emailed him back and he didn't answer of course then I called airbnb and after a very long conversation 30 minutes which I had to tell the whole story from the first detail and I requested that they change the case manager who is investigating my case he responded shortly by this saved mail
"

After a thorough review, we have decided to uphold our original decision.

We determined that a payout could not be processed in this instance.

We consider this decision final.

Best,"
I asked him to reason or why did you decide this but no response at all

I will unfortunately be un-listing my airbnb apartment, although I met with many great guests and I would never have done this If I hadn't been that ignored.

Thanks airbnb resolution for treating your clients in such ways!

6 Replies 6
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

I'm sorry you had that experience, did you report the theft to the police? 

Thanks Solveig. Yes, and I sent the resolution center the police report.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Basel3  I'm so sorry you had this bad experience and Airbnb customer service can be hit or miss. In this case, however, it's really tough to prove theft without a doubt and that is probably why they denied your claim.

I know you know the guest took it, but from Airbnb's perspective it would be your word against your guest's unless you have them admitting the theft in written messages.

If Airbnb paid out for any and every theft reported it would be very easy for a dishonest host to scam the system.

Again, sorry you had to go through this. It sucks. 

Thanks Suzanne for your time reading my post, I brought them the police report with all the specifics of my robbed lens.

thanks again 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

So sorry you are going through all of this. I often wonder how the Airbnb employees (including management) responsible for putting hosts through hell when they try to make a rightful claim can sleep at night. 

Thanks a lot for your kindness, the thing as well that unless you are unfortunate to get through such an incident you live in that movie that airbnb would protect all your belongings as they show for example in this video (focus on the guitar example)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh6GcX4A0Kg