Hi , would any host be interested on getting Profesionally Designed House Manuals/Brochures ?

Hi , would any host be interested on getting Profesionally Designed House Manuals/Brochures ?

Hi , 

I am a freelance graphic designer and I am thinking to start a service helping hosts by designing beautiful and helpful house manuals/brochures and also do some local research in terms what stations, restaurants etc are near.

Do you think I could have any luck with it, would hosts benefit and find useful such a service?

Thanks in advance,

George

8 Replies 8
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I found everything changed too quickly so I now verbally answer questions.

Would be forever reprinting them, I do keep on hand Brochures issued locally, also the seasonal publications, but tell people to check. On line is the way to go.

David

Thanks for replying, i am more referring to providing a host with the brochure in digital format so he/she can print it whenever needed. The guide could have info about the house that cannot be found online easily and would be really appreciated by the guests, like where is the closest ATM, what is the wifi code etc, all done in a professionally way.

A word template  you could fill in? That would be helpful.

David
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Today's print is tomorrow's chip paper. Sad but true.  

I mean something like these in terms of quality and design which could include anything the host would like (and maybe sent prior the booking to the visitor as a pdf ) , which could be printed in hiqh quality prints and give the residence a more "Pro" feeling
sample 1.jpg
Sample 2.jpg

I have tried all sorts of things to get people to pay attention to directions, the Building is actually specifically marked on Google Maops, literally turn off US 285 and take the first right, about a third ignore everything and follow their GPS.

I have a decent printer, anything higher end/ larger I tend to get online or at the Local Print Shop.

Vistaprint for business cards are cheap and they do other things as well. Also Costco.

David
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I've done up the maps, guidebook, signs, cards myself, @Papanikolaou0, for my own listing, but I think someone who is unfamiliar with such layouts might take you up on it. However, I just did a search on Etsy and you are not the first to think of this. The competition will be stiff!

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Papanikolaou0

I have already made my guidebooks.

Anyway there are people that are not familiar with graphic computer programms, then, maybe you can have success if you find means to reach the hosts.

I would also suggest doing something in commom with someone that creates apps. You could create some apps (with your illustrations inside) where the hosts could fill out information, and other information the app would get automatically. Then you can charge via play store or other means.

Congrats on your beautiful works.