Host cancellation

Damien121
Level 1
Nice, France

Host cancellation

Hi,

We agreed with my host to cancel my trip before arrival. I asked her and airbnb to do it, so I would not have only 50% of the refund. It was a dozen days before, just a few hours after she accepted, and the host was fine with this.

However she has now the famous "The host canceled this reservation" message. Is there any way I can add a message saying she was completely helpful and clear about the issue ?

Thank you

2 Replies 2
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Damien121 your host would need to contact Airbnb and ask them to remove it: there is nothing you can do to assist. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Damien121   How she got that message was she accepted when she needed to decline the request she got. She needs to call AirBnB ASAP to try to get this cancellation pentalty free from her end also. This is what happend to the host now for being a nice guy, so you got a full refund including service fee's. The penalties for canceling this reservation include not being a Superhost for a year, getting a public review that shows you canceled, paying a cancellation fee, and having the canceled nights blocked on your calendar.