Host cancelling my reservation.

Yvonne48
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Host cancelling my reservation.

Can anyone let me know if and how I can leave negative feedback on this matter on the hosts page?

Feeling really disappointed. I would never do this to any guests.  Here's my story.......The host cancelled us saying that we were double booked, this infact is a clear lie. After original booking the host contacted us saying that she priced her property incorrect (but the rest of the year was that price), and therefore sent us an email stating that she would give us the property at £150 per night (saying that we were getting a £50 discount), we booked the price of £76 per night and paid for it. Clearly she knows now that it's a busy week in Ayr but however, she has really let us down, especially when she was advised that we were travelling with two elderly guests (over 70). So a double booking (which really can't happen with Airbnb) clearly was a lie. Disgraceful 

8 Replies 8
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Did the host cancel or make you cancel? Do not cancel a host even if they ask ever so nicely, they will get punished by Airbnb with a fine, a blocked calendar and 12 months without Superhost. You should get extra travel credits from Airbnb, from what I hear that is what they do. Comes out of the host fine! You can't leave feedback, but the host will get a notice saying ''host cancelled xxx days before booking'' or words to that effect. This is a bad thing for hosts, as guests who see cancelling hosts may not wish to book there. Believe me, the penalties for hosts who cancel are severe! Fine goes up the closer to the date the cancellation is.

Yvonne48
Level 2

Thank you Sandra for your speedy reply. Yes the host cancelled and I got a message saying that we are going to get a refund. It's just so annoying, can't stand greedy people, as you can hear, I'm still upset, more so for my elderly parents.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Yvonne48

Well, unless the host is working with another booking system their greed made them cut their own flesh, because Airbnb blocks cancelled dates for further booking. Which was done to prevent hosts from ditching less lucrative bookings for better ones.

Hope you find a lovely alternative booking!

Yvonne48
Level 2

Hi again, I've just gone on to the hosts page and the dates I had originally booked are available, now obviously double the price. What a chancer of a woman. Argh!!!!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Yvonne48

Wow, how did she do that I wonder??!! Certainly not normal Airbnb procedure at all.

I have no answer as to why or how, am mystified myself. Only way to find out would be to call Airbnb about it, but is that worth it...

Unless she put up a new listing (no reviews yet) with those dates free...

Yvonne48
Level 2

Just going to have a glass of wine and get over it. Thanks for all replies.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

How on earth did she do that? Did she get Air to cancel on her behalf? Now I have a new suggestion, how about contacting Airbnb with this as this is definitely not normal or accepted behaviour. Really really isn't. If the phone lines are queued try FB or Twitter. Type Contact Airbnb in the forum and all the ways will come up. Good luck, let us know if you get anywhere!

@Yvonne48, you can also report the host to AirBnB by clicking on the flag icon next to the profile.