Host support- non existent

Peter-and-Seb0
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Host support- non existent

As a superhost with 9 listings giving Airbnb 100% of my business I am always left in total shock at how undervalued I am. Compare this to other large companies the support I’ve received has been shocking. Airbnb rarely value the effort and sacrifice I make for my guests on a daily basis and always side with a guest when there’s a problem. All my properties meet the new Plus standards but I’m constantly told they’re too busy and the scheme is closed while other properties take all the bookings. When I tell Airbnb that I will need to consider using alternative platforms they just say we’re sorry to lose you. They’ve put the phone down on me during phone calls where I’ve needed their support. They lie all the time about following up on support, putting things in writing and giving you an opportunity to complain or give feedback. This isn’t the Airbnb I joined years ago and feel they’ve got so big now that they can treat hosts as they please. Why is there no complaints procedure at Airbnb? Without us hosts they have nothing. Is anyone else having a similar experience? My last encounter with support none of the things I was promised happened and all of my messages remain unanswered. Airbnb I have fallen out of love.

2 Replies 2
Françoise--Mael0
Level 2
Marrakesh, Morocco

I just read your article on the superhost ... it's true that we have difficulties to understand airbnb .. but I came very often to get in touch with them look active must see who you- fell ... would you face a new request to support to see ... I agree with it should be more on the side of their superhost than the customers because it is the superhost that accounts for their behavior and difficulties lived with some customers very difficult to manage ...

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Dont expect more than what theyve promised. With nine listings you're doing very well for yourself. Consider the glass half full.

What exactly is it that you are wanting AirBnB to do for you? Did you want them to side with you when you had a problem with a guest? How much did you lose and is it worth the effort of calling them when you can make that money up with the next few guests. Increase the rate a few dollars over your 9 listings and poof! you have made the money back. Are you wanting them to send you an award for doing what you signed up for? They've awarded you superhost. They wont list you as AirBnB plus? So what! Does AirBnB Plus allow you more exposure for your properties outside of AirBnB? I dont think so. If your places are so busy that even Airbnb wont consider them then either adjust to fit the Airbnb Plus metrics or keep doing the stellar job you've been doing.

I'm just playing devils advocate because your glass is very much half full.