Hosting Milestones - What Have Been the Most Important to You?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Hosting Milestones - What Have Been the Most Important to You?

Hello all,

So today, I hit a hosting milestone that felt significant to me: I finally filled a complete month with bookings. July was fully booked in our primary listing.

Some other hosting milestones that have been significant to me:

- Being awarded my Superhost badge for the first time.

- I set a goal of a certain number of guests per month and a certain amount in monthly earnings. The first time I made that goal - and the first time I tripled it - felt pretty amazing.

One that's coming up for me next couple of weeks, but I haven't hit yet, is hosting 100 trips through Airbnb. I'm going to do something extra special for our 100th trip guest for sure.

I'm wondering what milestones you've have reached in your hosting that have been meaningful to you, or what goals you look forward to reaching.

28 Replies 28

@Sandra126Wow, you have a lot of reviews! That's amazing. Your cottage is absolutely stunning: what a gorgeous little place. It really looks magical. 

Joy200
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Love this topic!

I am a new host - started listing since night of Aug. 10. As of today, I have the full occupany or booking in August since Aug 12. I have a full-time job. So all of the free time recently spent on learning how to operate and promote this airbnb business. Yesterday, I got my 1st 5 star review from 1st group of guests checking out. Felt great achievements for the past few days! My next goal is to be SuperHost in October. 🙂

@Joy200 excellent! Welcome to the community center, and to hosting! It's an exciting journey for sure, with lots to learn. I found the Community Centre to be a great resource when I was starting out, and I still find it helpful now. 

Congrats on the review! The first few are nail biters waiting for them to come through, but I'm sure you'll do great!

Thanks, Alex! Way to go for all of us! 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is a great start @Joy200 – onwards and upwards. 🙂

It is lovely to welcome you here in the Community Center, you will find a wealth of information and tips here. 

Happy hosting!

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks, Lizzie! 🙂

Way to gooo!!!!! I’m a new host this unmet as well! We have had two full months in a row! And September is almost booked solid!

Eileen0
Level 9
London, United Kingdom

Here's a few from me.  Not the sort of milestones other people are mentioning, but these made me think a lot about hosting and my standards:

1.  the first time I asked someone to leave before their booking finished (he had brought someone back to stay the night before)

2. the first time a guest had damaged my property and left without saying anything (she had left hot hair straighteners on the carpet and burnt it in three different places)

3.  the first time I had to cancel a booking (because of a plumbing emergency)

4.  the first time a guest has asked me not to mention the other person travelling with them in my review

All of these happened this year as well, nothing like this in the previous five years

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww this is really sad to hear @Eileen0

Looking at your profile though, I can see you have lots and lots of positive milestones as well, which I also think are important to remember.

For example hosting over 250 guests, receiving Superhost status and not forgetting hosting for over 5 years. These are amazing milestones and I am sure things many new hosts would look to you for inspiration over.

I hope things get a little better. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

I’ve had a peculiar season  this year too.

For the first time ever, I’ve had several alterations to bookings and I’ve had several cancellations ( thank goodness for the strict cancellation policy) and some of our European cousins  are  being very picky ( I feel as a result of  the U.K. heading for Brexit) as for the first time I’ve had a 4 stars awarded for cleanliness rather than my usual 5 stars and European guests not leaving any reviews at all, apart from the Germans who are honest.

Now I will not write a review until the guest has posted a review first.

I also had a case where a guest had an allergic reaction to cherries so I’ve now altered my listing to say that my home is not suitable for any guests with peanut allergies or food intolerances and to seek accommodation elsewhere.......I can’t be doing with ambulance chasers and I’ve reached the point that I’m thinking next year will be my last.

Next month I will be stopping for the year and I may restart next year for a few months in the summer.......too many potential problems with guests despite having a very clear house manual.

Mrs--Donna0
Level 3
Baltimore, MD

You must be proud of yourself. Happy for you.

Martin346
Level 1
Mariposa, CA

What am I missing about Lincoln Canada?  What is the big draw giving you full summer months?

@Martin346 Wineries and we're close to Niagara Falls... 

Ivana178
Level 3
Split, Croatia

@Alexandra316 10th in one year was challenging for me, seaside rental, long stays. Superhost for 1 year now and 39 reviews, 2 more expecting for this season or even more 😊 Congrats 🎉🍾