Hosting Spain Income Taxe

Idriss0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hosting Spain Income Taxe

Dear Hosts,

I am renting my flat in Andalucia via the airbnb platform and would like to know whether there is a special treatment/allowance on the taxe I have to pay in Spain  for the purpose of receiving rental income. 

Generally speaking, I have been told that I have to file taxes on a quartlery basis for short lets and can use certain items to deduct from the taxable income such as utility bills, management ect.

Thank you,

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Idriss0

I think you also need a permit to do short term/holiday rentals.

As for income tax, consulting a professional like a consultant/accountant/lawyer would imo be the way to go until you get the hang of things.  Unless you are fluent in Spanish and can interact with the tax office on your own.

Thank you. From a regulation perspective, i am fully registered and register the guests with the relevant police portal.

Regarding the income taxe, i will seek advice from a local taxe expert. Thanks

Idriss0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank u. From a regulation perspective, i am registered and register my guests with the relevant authorities.

As regards the taxe, It makes sense indeed to get support from a local taxe expert. Best Regards

Hello Idriss,

I have the same doubt as you do. I have resently began host. I have tourist licence and all papers in order.

I have doubts if I should register this income in Rent Declaration? Or Airbnb is already paying the taxes...

If you have already consulted the lawyer, could you please share this information with us?

Thank you in advance,

Iuliia

Hi Idriss and Julia,

I was wondering if you were able to determine the reporting requirement, if any, for apartments being rented through airbnb in Spain?

Any help/advice would be welcome.

Thanks!

Martin

Zania0
Level 1
San Cristobal de La Laguna, Spain

.Hi has this issue been resolved by any of you? I am in spain and the tax man has requested proof of airbnb income. This means that I need a receipt or some kind of tax certificate from Airbnb from all amounts paid to me by Airbnb. Airbnb seems unable to provide this though.