How can I make dates available again after having to cancel a guest's booking on those dates?

Jamie-Lee0
Level 1
Windsor, Australia

How can I make dates available again after having to cancel a guest's booking on those dates?

Hello,

After discussing a booking with a guest who wants to book our house for a schoolies trip, we agreed that we would allow their booking with an increased security deposit. It was an instant booking, and I was told that I had to cancel the booking and change the security deposit so that they could book with the adjusted deposit.

Now it says that these dates will remain blocked out. Does anyone know how I can make the dates available again?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Dan97
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Hi Jaime-Lee, 

I have the same problem. I'm new here and had to cancel my first booking. Now i cant make the dates available again.

If you find out, please let me know and i'll do the same for you.

Regards

Dan

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Unfortunately, once you cancel a booking it remains blocked. There are other penalties involved as well. You can try to reverse the action by contacting Airbnb, I have not known them to reverse it (I did it once myself by butter-fingery accident and pleaded to no avail) but maybe if you explain they will do it. Try.

Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

All you can do is talk to airbnb and explain that the same guest actually wants to book for those dates and explain the reason for the cancellation, if this is the first time you have cancelled they may decide to unblock your calendar and not penalise you.  You might be lucky.