How do I request and post a reference/review from a past (non airbnb) guest?

Xihuitl-Juliette0
Level 1
New York, United States

How do I request and post a reference/review from a past (non airbnb) guest?

Hello,

I've posted a new listing on air bnb.  Previously, we used brokers and rented by owner.  We have several repeat (past) guests who are willing to leave reviews so that air bnb guests have an idea of what to expect from the house rental and from us hosts.  I did this several years ago for another property.  However, I am having trouble accessing how to do it now.  Thanks in advance for any tips.

Best,

Juliette

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Xihuitl-Juliette0,

You can not "import" reviews from other sites.

You can have references written by other Airbnb people (must have an account with photo), but it seems to me this feature is not in use anymore (?), as the HELP link on this page is not working:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/references

But as soon your repeating guests book again via Airbnb, there reviews will show up in due course !

Best regards,

Emiel

Tracey207
Level 4
San Diego, CA

@Xihuitl-Juliette0 Emiel is correct, only a guest who has stayed with you via Airbnb can leave a review for you.

However some hosts put photos of previous reviews in their pictures so future guests can read them 🙂 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Xihuitl-Juliette0 @Tracey207 I put screenshots of previous reviews in my photo stack- it works a treat!