Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Clearing a booking enquiry

Ralf-And-William0
Level 1
Yandina, Australia

Clearing a booking enquiry

Hi, I am fairly new to Airbnb and have had an enquiry booking which after a bit of chat with the guest they have decided not to proceed. No problems, the dates available just weren't going to work for them.

The reservation enquiry  is still showing in my conversation (inbox) and when I look at it, gives me options to pre approve, decline or send special offer.

Do I just now decline it with the reasons above or does a decline reflect a negative against that guest.   OR, do I just forget about it and it is just there for historical reference.

Thanks in advance. Cheers, Ralf

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ralf-And-William0   You just ignore it. As long as you've messaged back the guest, you don't have to pre-approve or decline. It will expire 24 hours after it was originally sent, anyway. You'll still get reminders to pre-approve or decline, but you can ignore those. If you clear your cache, those reminders should stop.

Thanks Sarah, appreciate your help. Hope it's a great day (night?) in your part of the world 🙂

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Hi @Ralf-And-William0 and welcome to CC Hosting! If you want to 'clear' the enquiry, you can also just preapprove the enquiry - there is no obligation for the guest to proceed with the booking. As @Sarah977 has said, it will expire after 24 hours anyway. This is what I usually do - that way, there are no more annoying reminders to preapprove or decline.

Thanks Kath. Good to know there is a couple of options and some tips on how to decrease the reminders.  Cheers, Ralf and Will