How do i stop Guest Harrassment?

Jordan27
Level 1
Austin, TX

How do i stop Guest Harrassment?

I had a guest who stayed for about a month.  I SPECIFICALLY said in my posting NO children, its even an option for booking.  She brought TWO! We kept in contact during her stay and she repeately said everything was great.  When she left the place was a DISGUSTING mess.  Dirty diapers EVERYWHERE, crayon drawings on the wood floor, rotting food in the fridge, rotting food ALL OVER THE HOUSE, dirty dishes in EVERY SINGLE ROOM, the counter tops were piled with trash, walls had food on them, diapers and toys everywhere.  It smelled like a poter potty.  I took MANY MANY photos and tried to get some sort of refund for the broken door handles, the MASSIVE chunk of wall missing, and the extra hours of maid service.  The guest responded with "we cleaned as best we could, we paid for cleaning service, so we arent paying anything extra.  There were KIDS in the house so, yeah its going to be messy.  And the wall hole is your fault for having weak walls".  WTH??  INTERESTING that we have lived in that house for 6 years and have had ZERO problems.  She then was apparently "outside" and her 2 year old locked him self in the bathroom, which said was a safety hazzard. Again, I said CHILDREN NOT ALLOWED.  I filled out her review sheet, honeslty and probably nicer than I should have and now I am receiving threatening messeges because I didnt write her a steller review.  Is there anything I can do about this?  Is there a way to block her?

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Unfortunately there is not a way to block her.  Don't respond to her messages any more.  You'll notice a little FLAG icon when you're in your messages - click that to notify Airbnb of her messages.  You can also give Airbnb a call directly to report her behavior.  You can easily Google for the contact number.

Hopefully you gave her a big Thumbs Down.

David
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

yes flag her account and then contact airbnb via twitter @airbnbhelp they will then tell you to private message them.

i concur stop responding!