How long until I get my first booking?

Ha-Anh0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

How long until I get my first booking?

This is a first time i starting hosting. And i'm really worry for some reason that no one to book. I have posted a few days. I ask myself, how long after the post will receive the booking? I also read and did some tips but did not fell better. Are you worried when you become a host like me? 

Sorry about bad english. I trying to learn it. Thanks all! 

**[Title Updated]

8 Replies 8
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Hi @Ha-Anh0, your place looks nice and if your prices are reasonable, it will work fine.

I have two suggestions: 

Put a profile photo where people see your face. The profile photo is very important and people want to know with whom they stay. If your face is hidden, you have something to hide and may be scary. You get less bookings without a face. Smile to the camera. Or have your grandmother smile to the camera, or have a picture of both of you.

I was wondering, if people have to sleep on wooden beds without mattress. On your first pictures you do not see the mattress. On picture 19 and 20, the mattress is visible. I would put one of those pictures before the other bed pictures. 

A thin mattress is ok, if this is the local custom; but most people would be scared to sleep on wood 😉

Good luck!

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Ha-Anh0

Google can translate between English and Vietnames. Does this make sense? Type google translate in a browser and then choose your languages. Write short simple sentences.

Google có thể dịch từ tiếng Anh sang tiếng Việt. Điều này có ý nghĩa gì? Nhập google dịch trong trình duyệt và sau đó chọn ngôn ngữ của bạn. Viết những câu đơn giản.

Ha-Anh0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Dear Helga .

Nice to meet you, first thank you for your help and for your kindly:)) i think i will change like your suggest and it's very useful with someone like me. thanks you again and i hope someday we will meet  in VietNam , and in my house :))
Regards.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Ha-Anh0, you are welcome! Take the time, read a few of the airbnb help files and the manuals in the help section of the community center. Those arewritten by your fellow hosts, based on experience. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Your pictures are beautiful and your write up is inviting.

The first weeks, while you wait to you bookings are difficult. You just don't know...

Be prepared, once you do get bookings you will be very busy.

You'll think back to this time, wishing you could have downtime.

The first weeks, while you wait to get your first bookings are difficult.

(Sorry about bad English.) 

Hi Ha Anh, How long you get the first booking? Right now, me too & so worry about this question. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ha-Anh0

Hi - you don't seem to have any live listing on your profile!