I m brand new

Shaunna2
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

I m brand new

I have started a listing with photos and what I think I need but I am not sure what is next. do I just sit and wait and hope someone clicks on my house? Is there more to do to get noticed.

Shaunna

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your place looks far too cheap, you should have adding an extra fee for each guest.

Ignore Airbnb's price recommendations, look at what hosts with similar places charge.

Charge extra for airport pick ups as an optional extra,. Do not offer to be at guests beck and call as a concierge.

Talk about what is within walking distance, cafes? bars? shops?

Local attractions?

I would get your photos redone by a professional to make the most of your space, it looks dark and small from the photos which I am sure it is not. I would add splashes of colour through photos of local places, cushions, flowers.

Show how six people can sit in the lounge and outside.

Just a few thoughts.

Read Airbnb Help Centre and Airbnb community centre guides become familiar with how airbnb works

What sort of guests does your place work for?

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Shaunna2  I don't want to be overly critical, because I have a very specific type of taste, but you might want to think about a little more decorating...you can get super cheap frames from Ikea and put literally anything in them, photos cut out from magazines, cards, fabric, it is a really low cost way to add some polish.  Same with the bedding.  Also, not a huge fan of seeing an exterior bistro set inside and you have way too many photos of it, unless there are  more than one. 

Also, your pool I would think should be one of the first 5 photos, and you would want more shots of the pool, as it would be a huge selling point.  In fact, you need to change the 1st 5 shots, if you don't know it, they appear now as a collage...so the first 5 is what someone will see all together, so you would want exterior, pool, living room, bedroom.....what comes up on yours is the exterior and then the hallway shots.

I agree with @Helen3 that your shots are too dark, I don't know that you need professional photos, but you should definitely reshoot some of them with the lights on on a sunny day.

But, in answer to your actual question, yeah, pretty much, you list and you wait, you will want to monitor where  your listing is showing up in the searches, check other listings around you to get ideas and check on pricing.   I would also caution against too many freebies, but I assume free airport transportation is help entice guests to choose your place.  Good luck.

Andrea2367
Level 1
Beaver Bank, Canada

Hi Shauna,

If it makes you feel any better....i am new too....lol. I am in my first month as air b'nb host and loving it !  First I spent some time decorating my place nice. I wanted to make sure it was modern and updated. Yes, I bought some nice stuff but some inexpensive stuff too. It is amazing the stuff you can find on sale. 

Next I got someone who takes good professional pictures to take pictues. People said I could do my own pictures but for me I just felt that the $100 was well worth it ! Pictures and decor will sell the place.

Set your price based on places around you that are comparable to yours. Do not go by Air B'n B. My opinion- they want you to rent your place for nothing. 

After that...in my opinion- it is hospitality !!!

Yes- I still have a few things that I want to get for my place and I will learn as I go....but I will do well and so will you !

All the best !

Andrea