I've just hosted a personal organizer...

Kim87
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

I've just hosted a personal organizer...

... who sorted, refolded and classified all my beddings as a way to reciprocitate for a great stay. I'm glad, what a nice gesture! Although now i can't tell wich bed sheets are the one i keep as back up only because they have tiny stains i couldn't get rid of 😄

20180821_170035.jpg

13 Replies 13
Andreas-and-Anna0
Level 10
West Vancouver, Canada

Hmmm, sounds like more work for you! A Mother in law problem

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kim87

So this person just started as soon settled ?

Imagine what will happen if you host a wall paperer or a house painter !

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I am now thinking of advertising my place as being of special interest to experienced electricians and plumbers.

Kim87
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Emiel1@Andreas-and-Anna0i know, it's a bit invasive, but i'm sure it came with good intentions (mixed with a touch of OCD ;))

It looks a lot better now and she's definitly better than i am at folding fitted sheets, but i used to know where the free winkle sheets were, had a « sheets with tiny stains » pile + i placed them from « freshly washed » to « need to be rewashed soon because weren't used for a while ».

Nothing bad, i'll get over it 😉

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Sometimes I come to clean to find guests have actually made an improvement. Never in the laundry/linen, that area is ALL MINE. But I have learnt new ways of displaying cushions I would never have considered, for instance. And a few things in the kitchen I never thought of. But the guests are the ones actually using the space, they know better than me who only ever whizz through.

@Sandra126

How lucky for you to have a helpful and stylish guest.

Cushions are a mystery to me. I know they are colorful and an easy way to brighten up a room. But I don't know how to display them.

I should probably start a new thread cuz I want to know about cushions.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Paul154

Everything you want to know about arranging cushions (and probably lots you really don't need to know): https://www.houzz.co.uk/ideabooks/49793234/list/ask-an-expert-secret-tricks-for-the-perfect-cushion-...

Now you have something to do this weekend, because of course you're not busy enough...

Sheldon15
Level 4
Hope, Canada

I once hosted for some photographers who took some really fine pictures of my place and then emailed them to replace the ghetto ones i took with my phone for my profile.

I would definitey not take this approach with the bedlinens. A previous cleaner used to iron them and then fold them into tiny little parcels like this. They look great in the linen cupboard and terrible on the beds. What is the point in ironing them only to add a zillion folds?

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

I'm actually kind of mesmerised by how straight some of those sheets are. There is something really satisfying about it.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

We have the toughest time convincing our guests to not bother too much with cleaning and  doing the laundry when leaving, for my cleaning lady is a Super OCD type and will tear the place apart anyway.  Sometimes is like a battle of OCD types, between the guests and my cleaning lady; for example, that leaning stack of colored towels (crooked) just won't to do for her lofty 'standards'. I stay out of the whole insanity. :D.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

My new cleaning lady used to work in hotels. She folds the corners on the ends of the toilet rolls.

Actually, as neat and tidy as it looks, I would definitey not take this approach with the bedlinens. A previous cleaner used to iron them and then fold them into tiny little parcels like this. They look great in the linen cupboard and terrible on the beds. What is the point in ironing them only to add a zillion folds?

Luckily, my linen cupboard is deep so I can store stuff in there without having to fold it too many times and pillowcases are laid flat without any folds at all. The linens are arranged in sets by room, not separated by type. That way I can just whip out everything I need to turnover a room instantly.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tour1 @Amri46 @Kartanesia0 and all the rest of you- Stop spamming this forum with your advertising.