Incorrect statements in reviews

Lorraine175
Level 2
Caicos Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands

Incorrect statements in reviews

How does one deal with a guests who thoroughly relaxed and enjoyed your space, attempted to bond and then left a not so perfect review.

I had a guest who was on a budget and insisted on fixing her own meals. She however never always cleaned up after herself thoroughly which attracted lil tiny ants anywhere she used.

I didn't overreact, but just made a habit of checking and cleaning and disinfect the public areas. 

She has written a review and gave me a 2 for cleanliness stating that there were tiny 'bugs' everywhere. Which is a complete misrepresentation.. One of the consistent compliments I gave gotten is  "sparkling clean " 

This leads me to think we should have the option of responding to some of these .

8 Replies 8
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lorraine175 You don't seem to have any reviews on your profile, or properties that you're hosting, so I don't see the review you mention. Did they mention it publically, or in private feedback?

If it was private, I would ignore it.

If it was public, I would publically respond to her review, saying something short and professional, like:

"Sorry to hear that you encountered some ants during your stay with us. Our place is located in a tropical environment, and if food messes aren't properly cleaned up, ants move in pretty quickly. The best remedy is to clean up after yourself after meal preparation, which most of our guests do a great job of.

@Alexandra316 @ I think it is a perfect response/reply!! 🙂 

Lorraine175
Level 2
Caicos Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands

That's weird..i am a superhost with more than 60 reviews 🙂

@Lorraine175You can try it for yourself: if I click on your profile here, then click on the Airbnb Profile button, it takes me to your Airbnb profile, but it shows that you have no properties or reviews. It says you've been a member since 2017, but no other info. 

Maybe you have more than one Airbnb account?

@Lorraine175 I just took a look at you profile as well and can't see any listing or any reviews either. If you are a superhost you should also have the badge attached to your photo like Alexandra and I have. Try and contact airbnb as it is really weird 🙂 

Alexandra - do you have any ideas for this: 

Airbnb support used to delete malicious reviews that were clearly because the guest had not read the listing.  I went all the way up to supervisor level last week and they said I was in the wrong asking them to delete the review.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Lorraine175, same, I can't see any properties listed or reviews. Are you sure you have logged on here with the account you use for your listing?

Hi Lorraine - I have ants that come in if food is left out too.  I have a two page self check-in checklist on a clipboard in my guestroom for the guests to actually check off each box with a pen. Here is what I wrote for the ant solution:

image.jpg