Inquiry

Foong0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Inquiry

Hello, I'm a experiences host and there's a lot of potential guest requesting for availability of my experiences or questioning on the details of the tour. But after I answer their messages, they will never get back to me tho. Would like to ask any of you guys have the technique to follow up the inquiry with them? 

5 Replies 5
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

I think its just people...you can email them politely and ask if they want any more information, but people are people... 

Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

@Foong0 I have a template message that goes along the lines of, “Hey there! I hope you’re well and getting on with planning your trip. I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you had any questions I could help you with so that you’d be in a position to book?”

Foong0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Wow, this message seem great to follow up with them. Btw when you send out this, do they usually reply you? 

@Foong0 I think one of the keys to getting them to respond is to respond as quickly as possible (so that they don't book somewhere else while they are waiting), and to try to make the reply personal. For instance, in a recent request to us, a retired man from France--I'll call him "Guy"--wrote and said that he, his wife "Annette" and another retired couple were potentially interested in renting our place, and he asked a few questions. 

I immediately replied with something like this: 

"Dear Guy, 

Thank you for your interest in our villa. We would love to host you, your wife Annette and your two friends, and we think that you will really enjoy yourselves here.

In answer to your questions, first, there is indeed a swimming pool, and it is directly across from our home--about 30 metres away. It doesn't get too crowded or noisy, even in summer, and so you should find it a great place for relaxing. (There are more details about this in our listing.)

Secondly, there are plenty of great restaurants in the local area, including a few that are only walking distance away. If you tell me the kind of food that you, Annette and your friends prefer to eat, then I can send you a list of recommendations.

Guy, please let us know if you have any other questions. We are here to help.

Regards..."

Something like that. It shows that you are paying attention to their request, that you are using their names, that you remember how many people are in their party, and that you are trying to address their needs.

Mind you, there are no guarantees that they will still book. As @Solveig0 said above, people are people, and sometimes they may not reply to you even if you do write something like this. But in our opinion, it is worth the time and effort to try. (And yes, these people did book after we had sent them that message.)

Good luck.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Foong0  That is the nature of Inquiries- most hosts get inquiries that never go on to book. There's nothing you're doing wrong, I wouldn't think, people just take up hosts' time asking questions and most don't even have the manners to message back thanking you for your time or information. 

It's kind of like running a store- tons of people will come in, look around and ask how much is this, or how much is that, or do you have this in size small, and then walk out without buying anything.

If it's just a matter of creating a saved message and sending it, like another poster suggested, that's fine, but I wouldn't waste too much time following up on these Inquiries- if they didn't even bother to thank you for your original answer message, they probably won't bother to respond to the saved message, either.