Instant Booking and Additional House Rules

Instant Booking and Additional House Rules

Hello,

I have created my first listing to list my spare bedroom in my house. Since I am a female who lives alone, I was advised to start off only hosting female guests, which I'm allowed to specify if it's a shared space.

The thing is, Airbnb keeps trying to get me to turn on Instant Booking, but I'm worried about my safety and rights if male guests book and I cancel. I have listed in my house rules in additional rules section that only female guests allowed, but I wonder how well airbnb honors the additional section and how hard it is to cancel without getting penalized. 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Erica-And-Daniel0. A better question concerning the listing is how well potential guests are going to read the description... From experience.

As for IB and cancellations - every time, to avoid penalties, you would have to cancel through Airbnb - a lot of hassle, believe me.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Airbnb keeps trying to get ALL of us to turn on IB. It is not of interest to a lot of us, especially those who are sharing their home. Ignore the prodding from Airbnb. We all need to do what works for us. Better to have a few less visitors than have to deal with uncomfortable or hassle situations.

@Erica-And-Daniel0

Make sure you have "female only" in your title and in the short description emphasize its a shared home private listing females only. Repeat this throughout your description and again in your house rules. You shouldn't be concerned about penalties - I had a 3rd party booking that I cancelled and I sent a message to the guest to inform them and also contacted ABB as a precaution to let them know the cancellation was because it was a 3rd party booking so I asked for confirmation that I would not be penalized in any way whatsoever.