Keyless Apartment Hosting

Jules79
Level 2
Calgary, CA

Keyless Apartment Hosting

If you want to go keyless but host in an apartment building that has a telephone based intercom buzzer at the front door (the type that calls your phone and you dial 9 to open the door), this is for you!

I've developed a fast, secure, could-based web app that turns apartment intercoms into smart, self-serve keypads. I've been using it to host guests at my apartment (along with a keypad on my unit's door) for the past month and the results have been fantastic. I don't even carry my keys around anymore, myself.

To give you an idea of how this works:

1) A guest makes a booking with me so I use the online dashboard to create a new "access code" for the guest. (I train my unit's keypad to use the same code)

2) When the guest arrives, they buzz my unit number in the intercom

3) My software picks up the call and asks for their access code

4) The guest punches in the code, and the door opens

If you'd be interested in going keyless yourself and doing away with lock boxes, key exchanges, meeting guests, and bugging neighbours, let's talk! I'm giving away a small number of free accounts for early access to the system!

3 Replies 3
Keith0
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

Hello Jules

I am interested in your system. I manage a couple of beltline/mission properties that have had lockboxes stolen and so am looking for an intercom control system.

As background, I am YYCs most experienced host services manager and the moderator of the Calgary Homesharing Club.

Would be very interested in learning about you and your project.

Keith

Keith0
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

keith at optimal hosting dot ca

Karthik35
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

I'd interested to implement this in my 16 unit building as I'm planning to airbnb few units.