Kudos for Airbnb

Kathleen172
Level 2
Billings, MT

Kudos for Airbnb

I have never dealt with a more helpful, and profitable business than Airbnb.  Though I am a new host, and am only learning to get around the site, I am more than pleased with what I have learned thus far.  I am using instant booking and have only had traveling guests for one night, but they are all great.  I was pleased with the ability to block out the dates when I will not be available.  I am still struggling with the ability to charge for the meals some of the guests expect without charging the guests who only want to sleep and get on the road.  I have experienced some late arrivals, but simply leave the door unlocked and the bed light on and have not had any problem to date.

4 Replies 4
Maria758
Level 9
Washington, DC

Hello @Kathleen172!

So nice to hear a good experience in the forum!  Usually we post about issues and concerns, we forget to provide accolades for the great job Airbnb does for, not only its hosts but its guests! 

We have been hosting since October 2016 and we think Airbnb is an excellent platform for travel and alternative lodging. It’s a great way to get that “local” experience and a wonderful way to share your home with like-minded “strangers,” at least when it comes to the sharing economy.  So I join you in your “Kudos” to Airbnb!

I did want to address your comment about charging breakfast to some guests and not all.  Our rate includes a “Traveler’s Breakfast.”  We found that some guests’ take advantage of this, and some guests’ don’t.  However, we do not adjust pricing for guests who choose not to take advantage of this amenity.

However, if you want more suggestions, I found a great post on the Community Forum that has some alternative suggestions:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/How-to-charge-for-evening-meals/td-p/100424

Hope this is helpful!  Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Happy Hosting!

Izzie, Co-Host

LOV Puerto Rico

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

While complicated, one way to accomplish breakfast/no breakfast is to have two listings.

One listing has No Breakfast.

The other includes Breakfast. This option will be $xx dollars more. The per guest charge will also be more.

It is complicated because you will need to toggle your calendar to block off the other oprion as the reservations come in.

But everyone is happy.

@Paul154 That is actually a pretty clever solution!  There is nothing in the Airbnb policy that conflicts with this idea?  Otherwise, very clever! ^_^

@Paul154 you don't have to toggle, you can sinchronize your Airbnb listings