Lead time for AIRBNB to respond to Host Protection Submission for a significant claim amount

Leena12
Level 2
United Kingdom

Lead time for AIRBNB to respond to Host Protection Submission for a significant claim amount

Do any hosts have experience of how long it takes for Airbnb to respond to the host protection/guarantee submission, for a significant claim? I submitted my claim on the 17th february, it is for £13,000, submission was made in line with the rules (within 14 days and before next guest etc). My experience for small claims less that £200 has always been pretty good, i get a response within a couple of days. Its now 22 days later and still no answers. I have sent numerous messages which all get ignored (they literally enter a black hole with no response), and phoned into Airbnb several times, all they say is that they are the customer services team, there is no phone number for the host guarantee team (trust and safety team), they claim to send them an urgent message to escalate it into the other team but still no responses back. As we currently stand i am being ignored which i find disgusting. Especially when a guest has smashed your house up, i expected Airbnb to be supportive, not ignore me.

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Try them on social media @Leena12