Leaving a Bad Review

Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Leaving a Bad Review

Hi All,

I've been hosting for over a year, and I've only had to leave one bad review until now. I could use some input on what I've written so far. I posted about the guest last week, so long story short, it was the typical impossible to please guest. They immediately started complaining that the kitchen cabinets are too old (it's an old house, and you can see them in the pics), that the yard isn't maintained (I just harvested my vegetable garden, so it's currently a plot of dirt), that the place is filthy and covered in dust (I thoroughly clean after each guest, including dusting of all surfaces), and that the place reeks of cigarette smoke (no one has smoked in this house since my grandpa quite smoking in 1986). They cancelled after their first of four nights, claiming that their allergies couldn't handle the dust and cigarette smoke.

I think they're just the type who can't differentiate between an old house and a dirty house, but I can't just flat out say that in the review. 

Anyway, here's what I have for a review so far. Thoughts?

"Unfortunately, B**** & T**** had to cancel their reservation due to severe allergies that were not disclosed prior to booking. I feel that a hotel would be much better suited to meet their particular needs, however if you have a new or recently renovated home, with no pets, you may be able to accommodate them."

Steve
15 Replies 15
Debbie538
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Thank you for responding.  I agree that we should have contacted the host to allow her to rectify any deficiencies.  We had only booked 2 nights thank goodness.