Linen Advice

Leah39
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Linen Advice

Hi - for long stay guests i.e more than 1 week, do you offer to wash linen (when an entire home) when there is a washing machine//dryer/soap powder etc provided?

Would love to hear from you all, on what other hosts to.

Thanks

Leah

5 Replies 5
Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

when i have guests stayed for 2/3 weeks i leave inside the apartment few set of clean iron bed linen set so they can change each week if they wish

If they require an extra cleaning depending how much i made with their booking i decide to charge or not to charge but most of the time i dont charge as i call it quick cleaning max 1.3 hour

which incl bed changed - bathroom + kichen clean and vaccum

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Leah39

In my ABB hosting I have only had a couple of stays which went more than a week and I stated to the guest that the bed linens would be changed along with vacuming and cleaning ever 4 days. Anything longer than that seems to have a deterimental affect on the linens with hair grease, make-up, apart from the more serious things like....every now and then, wine, even blood.

I do provide in a box at the end of the bed a clean set of linens which the guest is welcome to utilise themselves at any time they wish but my regular linen change and cleaning timeframe is every four days.

I know it's not a pleasant thought but each time I change the linens, I strip the bed to the mattress protector and vaccum the overlay and electric blankets for skin cells....it's amazing how much you remove!! I also put on fresh pillow protectors for each guest. I am able to get about 5-6 washings before they deteriorate to the point where they don't 'protect' any more and you have to replace them.

Every guest has the right to expect a properly cleaned and prepared bed!

Cheers.....Rob

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

I offer linen changes on stays longer than 4 days. And an interim cleaning isn't a bad idea, either.

There are a whole lot of perfectly nice people who are terrible at changing sheets, wiping down counters, or sweeping the floor on a regular basis. (And there are some people who will pile garbage or wet towels in corners...) Providing a cleaning once a week or fortnight could mean the difference between a regular cleaning at the end of their stay and an intensive scrub-down.

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

I would offer to change after a week.  This has an extra benefit to you.  Aside from making the guest feel well taken care of and attended to, it allows you to have a look at the place, and set your mind at ease that the home is being used in an appropriate way.

I agree to changing the linens myself, during a lengthy stay.  Then we can see if there is any garbage that ants are attracting, and

can replenish the K-cups coffee, creamers, sugar packets, and the water we give them for the coffee maker.

also if damages are occuring or if they have any questions about the heat remote/thermostat or anything else.

Also if the air conditioner light comes on to clean the filter, we can see to that.