Listing had disapeared from search

Melinda16
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Listing had disapeared from search

Just wanted to make others away of a situation I am currently having. We have not received a request for our listing in a few weeks which is very unusual. Our listing appears when I am logged in, but just today, I checked if it appears when I am logged out. Sure enough, it does not appear in any search. I called the Help number and they informed me of a programming error that is causing listings to disapear. AirBNB did not reach out and contact me and has no immeidate way to solve the problem. This is a huge conern from those of us that rely on this income. 

Anyone else have this problem? I'd encourage you to make sure your listing is appearing when you are not logged in. Very frustrating. 

7 Replies 7
Don28
Level 2
Oklahoma City, OK

Melinda, im not sure what is happening but i just went through your profile and found your listing. I have never noticed any of mine not showing, but I have noticed that if I log out on a ckmputer I have been using when I search it does not show my listing, but when I get someone else to log in and look they are able to see my listing. I was concerened the first tine this happened but realized the site must use history maybe cookies to filter your search and not show your listing.
Don28
Level 2
Oklahoma City, OK

Melinda, im not sure what is happening but i just went through your profile and found your listing. I have never noticed any of mine not showing, but I have noticed that if I log out on a ckmputer I have been using when I search it does not show my listing, but when I get someone else to log in and look they are able to see my listing. I was concerened the first tine this happened but realized the site must use history maybe cookies to filter your search and not show your listing.
Rohitash0
Level 2
Dharamshala, India

I am having the same issue...I am doing a search and I dont see my listing as well. i was trying to see how my listing appears in comparison to others 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Rohitash0,

Your 2 listings appear in the search result, i filtered on pricelevel and amount of guests (2).

But: You present both listings as "entire bred and breakfast" for 6 guests, but actually they are each offering 1 room for max. 2 guests.

It is confusing and maybe you should change this for better search results.

Best regards, Emiel

Antonio-and-Vicky0
Level 1
Hawaii, United States

same issue too and I have been contacting airbnb for the past week  to try to resolve this issue. It all started when a friend tried to look up my ad and notice he couldnt find it. First I thought it was a joke, then i realized it was true. All of my friends and neibors listing shown with the same search but mine disapear without any changes in setting nor the address. I've print screen, spoke to airbnb and they seems to see the problem but 2 days later i am now being dealt by another CS which i am telling her everything again. Somehow whenever I spoke to them the problem is solved, but when they hung up, few hours later the problem would come back up. Its really frustrating since this is our only income and we had full booking since we start our listing in oct. our response rate is 100% and we have not reject any quests inquires. We will become a super host in Jan and have been getting 5 star feedback. However, 1/2 month ago we stop getting any booking for Jan and this is really causing a problem for us.

Anyone got their problem solved? any compensation from airbnb with this cause? it's just absurd to have this happended to us since the least we can ask for is to have our listing shown to the public...

@Antonio-and-Vicky0, your profile has 3 listings, so I am not sure which of them you are referring to in your message. Are all of them not showing up?

I tried to find the third listing, and was not able to see it on the map (although it might be because I was looking for a matching English title, and perhaps the titles were being translated?)

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Antonio-and-Vicky0and @Matthew285 I searched also for the third listing, and did not show up. Then I looked at the listing itself and  noticed it can not be booked: none(!) of the available dates can act as a starting date for the minimum stay. So no need to show it in search results anyway. Best regards, Emiel