Local Recommendations in AR

Local Recommendations in AR

Hey Travellers,

I’m working with a company to develop a new, free platform that delivers user generated points of interest lists through augmented reality. The platform will allow Airbnb hosts or any seasoned-travel-advice-giver to share their recommended points of interests, restaurants, events, and must see local places in AR on devices, allowing guests to simply point, look, and discover local hotspots and providing a better experience while visiting their city. 

We see utility with this app as it should help navigate travellers to local hotspots wherever they’re traveling, saving them from too much detailed planning while actually on vacation. But we wanted to bounce it around with you to see if you think if it’s something you would also find value in, or if there’s something more you’d like to see.

Thanks for reading our concept.  We value any feedback that you have for us. Feel free to beat me up, or let me know what you like about this idea!

TL;DR - We’re making an AR app for discovering cool places on the go.  It’ll make you an omnipotent sentient travel robot capable of knowing all things cool and hip. Does it sound like something you would use?

1 Reply 1

I see you have some interest in Augmented Reality and you are even developing a platform to see virtual places from your device. Well it sounds like a wonderful idea and I think you need all the help that is available their to do the job. I recently read about the scope of Augmented Reality in Marketing cloudways.com/blog/augmented-reality-in-marketing/. Perhaps the article may help you in your journey.