Lock-box instructions permitted on iphone app but not website ??

David3599
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Lock-box instructions permitted on iphone app but not website ??

Are lock box instructions written by hosts available on the website

I have prepared some photos and instructions on my phone because the AirBnB mobile application allows this.

When I reviewed my webpage for my flat, the lock box instructions could not be seen

I wonder if the guest has to have the mobile app to see the instructions, as they seem only available there. 

If i write these for a guest two days before they arrive. Will they be sent to the guest before the check in time ?

Any help please ?

4 Replies 4
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@David3599 I have check in photos describing how to find and use the lock box. I can confirm that this is only available on the mobile phone app.  Only around 1 in 15 guests seems to know it’s there or use it. Most run around waiting for me to come out and show them. I even have signs pointing the way, but most guests don’t see those either. 

I wouldnt wouldn’t trust Airbnb to send anything useful to your guests before checkin day, I recommend getting into a routine of sending check in instructions (including directions to your lockbox) yourself a few days in advance through the Airbnb message system.

David3599
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Ben551 , thank you very much for such detailed and realistic advice. I’m just going to message my guests if the Lock box is going to be used. They at least need the combination number and I fear that they will have trouble knowing it’s on the webpage, so I will what’s app them. Cheers and many thanks David

Caitlin113
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

I have a number of 'saved messages' that I send to guests. I have an 'initial check in' message that I send 3-4 days before their stay. It's a bit long and it explains the check in process. I also have a 'final check in' message that I send the day of check in that is shorter and reiterates the important parts of the initial message. I'm thinking of putting a picture in this one of the lockbox and how to use it. Is that overkill? I dunno, people seem to struggle with this stuff and I don't want bad reviews because people think they didn't get enough information. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME