Long term reservation and verification of all guests

Quincie1
Level 1
Lafayette, LA

Long term reservation and verification of all guests

I just got a 3 week request to book from someone who says there will be 4 total guests staying. The main guest has no reviews and has been going back and forth about how payments will be handled etc. He said they are working 7 days a week at a salt mine about 30 miles from my home.  He asked if a deposit can be made to hold reservation and then paid in full within first week which I am not approving..must have full payment at time of booking obviously.  I know there is a minimum age requirement set by air Bnb of 18....do  I reserve the right to verify ages of other guests in my home prior to booking? 

1 Reply 1
Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Couple of things to unpack. 1. Bookings don't work that way. There are no deposits per se. Doing it that way would take you out of the Airbnb system. 2. You mention approving. If they put in an actual request and you want them to stay then approve. It'll force them to pay the price, keeping you in the Airbnb system. If you don't, then decline, it'll decrease your acceptance rate but that's not too important. You could also gamble, if they requested and you don't want them go ahead and accept. They'll have to pay, and by the sounds of it they can't so the request will drop out of the system and you won't take a hit. Mileage may vary. 3. If you're just going back and forth with an inquiry either tell them to reserve if you want them or tell them it's not a good fit if you don't. 4. As long as the booking party is of age you have no rights concerning the ages of the other guests.