Many guests seem to have no boundaries

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Many guests seem to have no boundaries

I find many of my guests seem to not respect boundaries or are clueless. But perhaps I am too uptight? A guest checking in today called yesterday to say he was in town already but wanted me to show around the house and will come soon. Not even a question of if someone is staying at the house, if I am available, etc. Another guest 2 days ago after not being allowed early check in still walked on the property and even tried to open the door. He is lucky I do not have a gun! What if I took him for intruder? These are just recent examples but variations of this theme are common. Many guests call as early as 7:30 am with benign questions. Have you noticed a similar pattern?

35 Replies 35

@Yulianna0 that's crazy! It says right in the title of your listing that it is late arrivals only

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Perhaps in addition to Govt. verifications, a profile photo of their face and some good reviews, guests should have to pass a basic literacy test.

@Sarah977 wrote:

Perhaps ...  guests should have to pass a basic literacy test.

In what language? I would fail a literacy test in almost every language out there!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Susan151  Since they can translate the listing info to their own language, how about a basic literacy test in their own native tongue?

@Sarah977 wrote:

@Susan151  Since they can translate the listing info to their own language, how about a basic literacy test in their own native tongue?

With bonus points for being able to understand "google-translation-language."

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

I really wish Airbnb would help educate the guests a bit more about respecting  the host as a person who has a life outside of his airbnb rental, and about check in courtesy.