Minimum Stay Issue

Laurel33
Level 1
Ephraim, WI

Minimum Stay Issue

I live in a remote island area that is off the beaten path and is very popular with tourists, especially in the summer/fall and winter weekends. We do not get many last minute reservations. Most people that visit plan a vacation to our area. We get booked up months in advance (usually 3 day stays or more) and have chosen to have a 2 night minimum. Because of this, sometimes we will get a one night opening in-between 2 reservations. It would be nice if Airbnb would make a reservation exception for these circumstances so that we still have the option to rent for one night during those times, but only if one night is available.

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Laurel33

You can easily do that on a month by month basis as you can set bespoke minimum night stays. So let's say you look ahead to March and see that it's fully booked with a few one nighters free. All you need to do is go to Host - Listing - Availabilty and then scroll down to Trip Length - at the bottom of that page is a link called: Add a custom rule for seasons or specific dates. You will see some generic seasons listed but you can set a minimum of 1 night for March

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Laurel33

or... you can set your calendar in a way to avoid 1 night gaps as we do.

When I get a reservation then I set the day before it as "no checkout day" and the day after it as "no check in day" so I can either get back to back booking or 2 days gap. Here is an illustration

checkinout.jpg