Minneapolis Super Bowl 2018 pricing

Megan-and-Chase0
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Minneapolis Super Bowl 2018 pricing

Hi all! 

I would like to hear from others in Minneapolis or Houston who have rented out their homes for the superbowl. What has your experience been like and at what price point did you get it rented? I am new to hosting and plan to rent out our 4 bedroom 2 bath home that sleeps 10-12 people. It is 10 min to US bank stadium and on a bus line. I have it listed for $2,200 a night with a 4 night minimum. I'm having a hard time knowing if that is a realistic price or if I'm dreaming. I don't want to miss the boat... but I also don't want to sell myself short as we've put a lot of work into our home to get it ready. Thanks!

Megan

13 Replies 13
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Megan-and-Chase0

Why not look up other properties in your area for those specific dates? That should give you an indication of  pricing if you don;t get anyone replying to you on this site...

Thanks for that suggestion. I have done some looking, and the thing I'm concerned about is that it is nearly impossible to tell what listtings are actually being booked and at what price. There are listings comparable to mine that range from $400 a night to $6,000... so who knows! Anyone with experience from last year's superbowl? 

@Megan-and-Chase0, you are correct in that it will be hard at this late date to figure out what other AirBnB listings were priced at: all those listings are already booked and won't show up!

In these circumstances I have turned to Beyond Pricing and Wheelhouse, which let you put in your actual listing, to get their guesses of what the price should be.

Since your listing is this: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/22077157

This is your listing on the Wheelhouse demo:

https://www.usewheelhouse.com/demo?listingId=18441468&source=A

(you need to dismiss the dialog by clicking on the "Continue to sample calendar").

It shows the pricing it would set, which tops out at $2,084 - $2,104 / night on Superbowl weekend..

This is your listing on the Beyond Pricing demo:

https://beyondpricing.com/preview/22077157

Beyond pricing has it priced at $2,138 - $2,418 / night on Superbowl weekend. (And for some reason, nearly doubles the price the week after the game).

Best of luck with your listing!

Thanks so much for that! Very helpful. 

I have a home in Minneapolis and am also considering renting my place out, 2 bedroom/1 bath for $1500-$2000 per evening, have not decided yet. 

What is the process to apply for a license? I have contacted my insurance company to get extra insurance. I looked at the information on air bnb but am not sure what applies to me and what doesn't. 

Thank you!

Hi @Matthew285 Is there a fee to use beyondpricing or wheelhouse?

@Cathy172, yes there is. Each of them charge 1% of the bookings. (So if you book $4,000 worth of reservations while using the service, they will charge you $40).

In my opinion, the service more than pays for itself.

You can try either one for free for 30 days. I think both Beyond Pricing and Wheelhouse will let you sign up and begin using the full service (including having the robot set your pricing automatically) for free. They will not charge you at all for 30 days, and (even better) the bookings you receive during the 30 days free trial don't count for billing purposes.

I think both services are good; you should look at both and see which you prefer.

If you end up choosing Wheelhouse, then if you sign up using my referral code you will receive $10 in free Wheelhouse credit. My referral code is:  jBlNm

Or sign up using this link:

https://www.usewheelhouse.com/u/account/register?referrer_id=jBlNm

Thanks @Matthew285! I will look at both. I'm curious how they gather pricing info. (I will be sure to use your referral code if I do go with Wheehouse!)

Mya8
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Any 

Mya8
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Any luck?  Did you get inspected or licsenced?

Licsenced 

Licensed.  Sheesh

@Mya8, it seems like you may not know that you can edit a post after you send it.

The drop down menu on the right side of your posting will include an "Edit Reply" option for a short time after you post a reply.