My guest's refund

Floree0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

My guest's refund

Hello,

A lovely couple stayed at my house but unfortunately, there was a problem with the boiler whilst they were here. We decided it is fair to refund 20%. They've put the request in the resolution center and I approved it. One week later, they say the money still didn't reach them. Anyone experienced smth similar? Airbnb says that refunds should be processed in 48 h. 

Thanks,

Floree

3 Replies 3
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Does your account show that the refund was processed? This sounds like something the guest would have to call AirBnB about. I would appologize for the inconvience but explain that you have processed the refund on your end and AirBnB does not give hosts any information about guest finances and that for security AirBnB will only discuss the guest's acocunt with the guest directly

Elizabeth71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I've had a similar problem. The refund hasn't been netted off my subsequent income, and the guest hasn't received anything although they did get the original notification email from Airbnb that I was offering a refund. This was now a month ago. I don't know whether to attempt the refund again, or what. Any ideas? There don't seem to be any human beings at Airbnb to raise the issue with!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Elizabeth71

Whatever you do don't try to refund again or try other measures, as all you will do is confuse the sutuation.

Contact ABB on 02033181111, quote the reservation number and the conversation stream and they will sort it out for you from there.

There are in excess of 2 million listings around the world now Elizabeth and every now and then something will go off the rails but you will find the help desk good and they can make this right for you.

Cheers....Rob