Name of person requesting reservations does not match the profile on the reservation???

Debbie251
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Name of person requesting reservations does not match the profile on the reservation???

Hello -

I have a reservation request from a person named Mary (she has stated that her name is Mary and not Breanna).  However, the person showing up in the profile/picture on the reservation request is Breanna.  I've asked for clarification from Mary on the details of her requested stay, how many people and if she is coming into town for a specific event.  I also want to know if she has an association of some sort with Breanna???  I have not gotten any response from her.   Would you accept or deny the reservation?  The clock is ticking...while I await her response....so how does the ticking clock impact my response time?  And if I decline her request does it reflect poorly on me?

Thank you and peace!

Debbie

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Tough questions. If your objective (and goal) is to be assured to whom you are renting to, then follow that path. If she hasn't answer by the '11th Hour' then decline for lack of communication.

The 'if she is coming into town for a specific event' question can go over well with some, but maybe not with others.

P.S. Whether Request or Inquiry, do something by the end of the clock.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Debbie251 ,

If it is a request, you must accept or decline to keep your ratings. If no answer on questions is received, i myself allways decline within the time limit (reason: feel uncomfortable with the guest). If it is an inquiry, it's less important to choose (pre-approve or decline), i just answer and let it expire. Allthough a heared Airbnb is working on stricter rules for this...best regards, Emiel

Hi @Emiel1 - I thought we get dinged if we don't choose either pre-approve or decline inquiry within 24 hours?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Valerie192 , Until recently just answerring the question within the time limit was enough (just to keep repons-rate) , when people make an inquiry only. No obligation to decline or pre-aprove. But i heared rumours it has changed, allthough i did not noticed this change until now.