Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Need distance from host to where we need to go.

Roberta23
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Need distance from host to where we need to go.

Hi Folks, I'm new haven't used Airbnb yet. I am trying to ascertain how far from where I need to go my host location is, before booking. The owner has sent info but it is hidden. How to do see or where do I click to get the address or location to then google to see how far and how one would travel on public transit? Very frustrating..I've wasted much time trying to figure this out-to no avail. t

Help please..much appreciated.

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Roberta23 While Airbnb prohibits for privacy and safety reasons publishing exact addresses of listings prior to a confirmed reservation, the host can still tell you what the cross streets are.  Then you can do a Mapquest or other GPS search entering both locations and it will give you pretty exact distances.  I'm very surprised that your host can't describe in a message how far things are and what  local public transit stations there are.  If the messages show up as (HIDDEN) then the host is trying to send you links or info with numbers in it. 

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

The listing will show a map (at the bottom) showing the location of the property. From there you can use any mapping site to find distances to whatever you're interested in.