Need suggestions

MangoandEeg0
Level 3
Taiwan Region

Need suggestions

20190806_132616.jpghi guys , any suggestion what kind of wallpaper you would use here ? the dark color dont do very well , was thinking gray or light brown or ivory . 

https://www.airbnb.com/users/23809228/listings

regards Mango

7 Replies 7

@MangoandEeg0   You might try using a program like http://coolors.co  to generate and experiment with color schemes based on the furnishings that you're keeping in the room. 

Generally a photo isn't the best guide for choosing good tones, because there are so many variations with the image saturation and the flow of light into the room. It does appear that the natural light in this room is filtered through a cool-tinted glass, so that's going to affect the appearance of any softer tones you add. Ivory paper will appear like a pale gray in daytime lighting but brighten up the room overall. Gray in cool light will have a 1980s office effect - inoffensive with the black and red furnishings but not so comforting for a bedroom.  

What I would personally seek out for this room is a light, desaturated (greyish) green - if you look at the Pantone chart, I'm thinking of #558 or #5575. This would lighten up your room with a comforting color, while also pleasantly interacting with cool daytime light and incandescent evening light. It handily complements the white wall and the earth tones in your decor and flooring, and goes well with most shades of linens.  (Might be good to swap out the red table for something in a natural tone)

yeah white ceiling and the tv background , the reason why is the wall so dark , the render have cracks from earthquakes and the darker paint make it invisible , i am gonna do wall paper that will cover it well , lighter color for sure , what do you think behind bed ? and the rest different ? like maybe bricks or stone immitation and the rest some lighter color paper like you suggested , also the behind bed wall have wite ivory head boards on the wall , its glued to wall i probably leave it there, i like this pattern , my wife saying it looks like in some KTV room or flashy motel , it goes well with the white headboard , but with such purple shade hmmm the rest of the room should go towards white, or silver , they have many shades of different pattern like this , maybe i just get gray , i am not very decisive when it come to deciding colors Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 9.57.09 PM.png

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@MangoandEeg0   It's kind of hard to tell with just the one photo, but I'd think that a medium tone ivory would work well, grey might work also, but I can't say for sure w/out a better photo and more clear understanding of the colors in the other room.

20190806_132655.jpg

20190806_132607.jpg

you see the wall where is the airconditioner , i am just thinking to paint it some lighter color like Andrew suggested , something in gray ivory brown area , it will be hard to do wall paper there since have lots of stuff on the wall and the aircon unit , the opposite side is glasswall for bathroom and i just put wall paper where is the head board and tv on sides not in the middle , middle stay the white stuffing fake brick wall , but best would be if i manage to do it along side where aircon is , hmm

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@MangoandEeg0 @Mark116 @Anonymous 

@MangoandEeg0  You can always jazz up the bed with contrasting pillows to balance things out.

Great idea to use wallpaper as it adds for warmth & class

All the best & make sure you keep us updated on your project