Neighbors Dog Barking

Adassa0
Level 2
Añasco, Puerto Rico

Neighbors Dog Barking

I bought my first investment property and later discovered that the neighbor's dog incessantly barks. Which was something I was not aware of when I looked at the property and made an offer. Go figure... 

Where I bought the property is a big beach town and very pet friendly. However, finding vacation rentals that accept dogs aren't popular. After discovering that my neighbor had a dog that was a barker, it threw a monkey wrench in my plans and I decided to just sell the propertly. Which in my town real estate inventory is low and demand is high. So I'm not concerned about unloading the property but today I had a damange control idea.

This is where I would appreciate any feedback as the outside looking in. Today I thought, seeing that there aren't many pet friendly vacation rentals in the tourist town my investment property is in maybe I should make lemonade out of lemons by making my  property one. However, here is the nitche... for vacationers who specifically have very vocal barking dogs in new surroundings. I can imagine how challenging it must be to find accomodations for that predicament. 

If I change my listing to reflect that it is ONLY for pet owners with very vocal dogs do I stand a chance at AirBnBing my property? Or am I reaching at straw? I am thinking of supplying dog toys, bed, leashes and food bowls. Also, making it very clear that this property is only for those who don't mind dogs barking in the background. I should mention that the neighbor's dog's barking isn't loud IN the house but you can hear it in the background. So give it to me straight... do I have a chance?

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful and courteous responses. 

0 Replies 0