Level 1
Bloomington, IN

Nested Listings?

Hi! I have a house that I list in three different ways:

1) Entire house (which has 3+ bedrooms)

2) Two bedrooms within the house

3) One bedroom within the house

I have successfully linked the "two bedrooms" option to the entire house

And I have successfully linke the "one bedroom" option to the entire house.

The problem I have is that the "one bedroom" is also one of the "two bedrooms" so I need to find a way to link those two calendars to each other. I can only find a way to link the 2nd and 3rd option to each other "parallel" to each other within the entire house. So for this to work just right if someone books the one bedroom option it blocks both the 2 bedrooms and the entire house.

Can someone help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Craig304

I think you should link 1bdr to 2bdr and then 2bdr to entire house

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Craig304

I have a similiar situation. I'm able to nest the 2 bedroom and individual room options under the 3 bedroom option.  But I must manually block off the 2 bedroom option if one of the bedrooms gets booked

I can play with fire like this, because I can upgrade guests to a nicer bedroom in a better nearby house if I double booked

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Paul154 @Craig304 Do you list on other sites? How do you handle sync with those? It has been a problem for me

I don't list on any sites other than Airbnb, so I have not hit that level of complexity yet.....

Paul405
Level 2
Eugene, OR

Have you ever received any resolution to this issue? We have the exact same situation and had our three calendars linked so that if any booked the other two were blocked; that scenario worked for about 6 months. Then we suddenly began getting double booked (and unduly punished by Airbnb for the cancellations that were then required) and realized the calendar link was no longer working. Now we only have two-way calendar linking and must race to block our third listing whenever anyone books one of the other two. The folks we talk to in customer service never even seem to "get" what we're talking about and we're starting to wonder if it's worth the hassle. We may just delete the third listing . . . Seems like this should not be so hard to do!