New Calendar on website

Mary602
Level 2
Los Gatos, CA

New Calendar on website

Just noticed the new calendar on the guest search page. The page shows the guests ALL available dates AND the prices for months. This is not acceptable. Available dates is fine but showing the rates for all the dates is very much a disadvantage to those of us who actively adjust our rates to gain bookings. For example, I lower my rates a week ahead to entice last minute bookers. I do not want offer the lower rate to future guest. The new calendar will jeopardize my ability to gaina higher average $$ for my property over time. Please summit your compalints to Airbnb to eliminate the rate feature on the calendar.

17 Replies 17
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sarah977since they shortened visible part of "description" to one line and "house rules" to default basics and to see the rest people have to click on "see more" link and positioned info about location on the bottom of the page NOBODY READS ANY OF IT ANY MORE.

I am constantly receiving questions about things already written on my listings and guests book my place and demand parking even if it is writen it is not always available and they should ask for it BEFORE booking.

I am not happy with Airbnb website any more, it was much better a year ago and it is getting worse day by day.

You are right IT section employees are probably very young people, they are not hosts so they have no idea what is important and what is not. How could they make a good web design? No chance...

Mariam38
Level 1
Tbilisi, Georgia

I didn’t know about the calendar and I was having issues with pricing because it showed me the wrong pricing all the time no matter what I did. I wrote Airbnb support but they weren’t able to help me . While I was trying to solve the problem one of the clients blocked me and called me rogue after I tried to explain that my pricing was not correct because I had a glitch on my account (as the support team member told me) . After that I was able to find the calendar and found out what the reason was. It is showing daily pricing and because of that I wasn’t able to change it from the main price. I had to change pricing for every single day on the calendar 

Stanja0
Level 2
Islip, NY

I see no issue with the host previewing the pricing calendar. When I book a room with a hotel the same applies. Yes, I may ask the hotel for a lower rate but if the hotel clerk says no........chances are I still book. I have learned to stop analyzing a guest’s wallet. I’ve had guests ask for additional discounts and they booked with me even though I said no and provided an explanation. Sometimes there are concerts on certain dates, holidays, sports events, festivals, etc. A host should always remain current. It’s our responsibility to provide a valid explanation for pricing.,I notice the more I treat my business like a business the better off for myself and our guests. 

stanja