No requests despite a good booking rate till end of December, what happend?

Martina-and-Tereza0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

No requests despite a good booking rate till end of December, what happend?

Good afternoon everyone! 

I am becoming increasingly more concerned about the fact that I don't have any bookings or requests for the coming months. We have two listings (on of which is booked for longer period) but the other one has just flat-lined. We have been on airbnb with this listing for 18 months now and had a pretty good run with many positive reviewes and overall 5-star review. However, since the beginning of the year we had only one inquiry and no bookings. In response to that I have changed the description, tried adding more pictures and of course decreased the prices (which was actually my first step) - but now the prices are well below to what airbnb recommends for that given day/month and I don't know what else to do to be honest.

There are 2 things that I find a bit strange: 1)  When I go to 'edit listing' and pricing and click on an individual date, price for night appears in dollars (at least there is a small dollar sign next to the price), but in the calendar itself it said Kč (CZK, which it should be in). But to me its just seems like a glitch in the system, seeing that if I open the listing in another browser the price is normal. Do you think that could have any effect?

Another thing that I have just discovered is that airbnb displays randomly the instant booking sign next to my listing (sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt). I have tried to search for my listing several times today from different search engines and sometimes the sign (the bolt) is displayed next to the price and sometimes it simply isn't despite the fact that im sure it is enabled. Any thoughts on that? I think that could really impact my booking rate? But i really dont know. 

Any help would be really appreciated, thank you in advance dear Airbnbers! 

Best wishes,

Tereza

1 Reply 1
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That is very strange, @Martina-and-Tereza0. Have you contacted Airbnb customer service about this? I would highly recommend taking immediate screenshots if you see a problem.

I see you've updated your calendar regularly, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Can you please let us know when this is resolved?