No response from Airbnb

Sabina0
Level 2
Goa, India

No response from Airbnb

I have been raising multiple flags with regard to a huge issue I am having on Airbnb payout preferences. 

There are two Bank accounts of mine that I have updates as preferred payment method on Airbnb. One is Kotak Mahindra account and another is Axis Bank account. I have uploaded all the correct details again and again.

For more than a month now I am struggling with getting this payment methods verified!!!!!! And Airbnb could be least bothered apparently. 

There is no problem with the details of the accounts - I have checked and rechecked and checked.  Against both of them there is a permanent "Payment verification pending" status!!! This has been going on for over a month now. 

I am losing out on bookings and am unable to update my apartments listing because of this. This is extremely frustrating and inconvenient made even worse by the absolute lack of response or resolution  from Airbnb.

In the first place, Airbnb goes and changes its policy and deactivates payment through PayPal when that is my preferred choice of payment. And then Airbnb says Bank transfers only! And then Airbnb does nothing about gettingbank transfer issues resolved. I mean...

2 Replies 2
Gilly1
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Have you tried phoning Airbnb rather than emailing them? I find they have always been very helpful 

Shikha0
Level 5
Gurgaon, India

Hi Sabina,

Read the following steps and see if you can make changes accordingly:

1.Change the listing currency of your India listing to INR from your manage listing page (to get to this, log in, click on Host, click on Manage Pricing and Calendar for the listing, and go to Pricing - change to INR and make sure it saves) 

2.Add a new India-based payout method to your account (go to Account Settings, Payout Preferences, Add Payout Method and choose India as the country)

Note: Do not forget to make the new bank account details as your default payment method.
Once you reconfigure your account, you can see options written next to the details.Click on the options and drop down menu will come > select Make as default.

Now since you have 2 bank accounts you'll have to make any one of them as default. And if you want to split the income in both. Further follow these steps:

1. Go to Payout Preferences on airbnb.com

2. Under Payout Routing Rules click Add Payout Routing Rule and direct your India payouts to your INR payout method

Hope it helps!