Odd listing bug? Help from community

Prudence7
Level 2
Perth, Australia

Odd listing bug? Help from community

Hello

I have encountered an odd occurrence when searching for my listing. Is someone searches more than 28+ days, my listing will not show up even when completely zoomed in on the map.

I have tried having different/no maximum length of stay in settings, and my calendar is free. For searches less than 28 days, my listing comes up fine (sometimes need to zoom in).

Has anyone encountered this? I have tried to search for an answer extensively before turning to you the community for help!

is it because I am a new listing and have no ratings yet, and there is a 4 week maximum or something?

My listing is the pink cottage (pool photo):

Less than 28 days:

https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/Cottesloe-Beach--Cottesloe--Western-Australia/homes?refinement_paths%5B%...

Can you see it when you extend the date to beyond 28 days? 

Thank you!

5 Replies 5
Prudence7
Level 2
Perth, Australia

To answer my own question, my listing shows up if you have a monthly discount enabled!

I will leave my original post up, so others with the same problem may find the solution.

Bizarre system!

Deborah149
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I have same problem. I discovered that the Madison not pinpoint my property a coupe if years ago.  I contacted Airbnb but did not get an accetible or logical answer.

I just checked again and my property did NOT show on the map when no filters were selected and Without a rental timeframe.

whei added filters of the number of guests, it finally showed up on the map when I added 5 or 6 guests, but it showed DID NOT SHOW when I entered no guest to up to 4 guests.

the customer service rep said he would get back to me.

i’ll let You know what I find out.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Prudence7. I will not answer all your questions atm because I'm using only my phone. Will check more later. There shouldn't be any problem with you being a new host because many such hosts have reported here that they got long term reservations. So somehow they had to be visible. I also noticed that visibility of a listing on the map/in search may depend on its appeal - I have two listings and the one open on a permanent basis and with more reviews is visible without further zooming in, despite the fact that I'm using the setting of maximum stay. 

What other settings in Availability are you using?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi Marzena

Thanks for the feedback. I suspect it has to do with AirBnB's listing appeal algorithm stuffing up, because as I replied above, my listing did appear for 28+ day searches when I enabled a monthly discount. If I remove the discount, my listing disappears altogether, even if I am 100% zoomed in and the only listing on the map!

My other settings were InstantBook disabled, and minimum 2 nights.

Odd system, glad I just tried different settings until I found the workaround to trick the listing algorithm!

@Prudence7, the AirBnB search has some unusual behavior when doing searches for 28 days or longer.

If the search is for 28 days or more, you must have a monthly discount or your listing will not appear in the search.

(Your own testing shows this to be true.)

Not sure why they do it this way, but that's how it works right now.

This is also true for searches with NO dates, but if your listing's minimum stay is 28 days or more.